Security & Development in Kosovo
Interested in peacebuilding, post-conflict transformation, and human development? Consider a summer internship in Kosovo!
Summer 2017 Program
The Dickey Center is supporting summer internships (June-August) with Kosovar government agencies and civil society organizations that focus on public policy, economic development, and capacity building. Funding is available to cover airfare, lodging, and meals. Internships are open to students of at any level of study. Preference is given to Dartmouth students returning for at least one term, though ALL students are eligible to apply (first years and graduate students welcomed). The Dickey Center has three partners with whom interns can work, depending on your interests and skills:
--Strategic Planning Office at the Office of the Prime Minister
--Kosovo Property Agency
--Open Data Kosovo
The Strategic Planning Office at the Office of the Prime Minister and the Kosovo Property Agency are focused on economic development (particularly integration into the EU) and post-conflict reconstruction (particularly in the area of cadastral surveys, property laws, etc.).
Open Data Kosovo is a nonprofit organization that believes that data is essential in establishing good governance, government transparency, and accountability. This internship will help Open Data Kosovo to successfully develop its open data platform while building a vibrant tech scene. This Dickey-supported internship requires a high degree of technical proficiency in coding. The specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Rapid prototyping and software development to design.
- Identifying issues and running analysis of open data to compile data-driven, evidence-based recommendations on how to best address the identified issues.
- Implementing data visualizations and writing data-driven stories.
- Identifying opportunities for government data liberation and interacting with the necessary political actors towards further opening government data.
To apply for these internships, a complete application must be received by April 26. Applications will be considered INCOMPLETE without all items listed below:
Items to Submit with Your Online Application
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a Dartmouth faculty member. A second letter of recommendation is suggested, but not required. Secondary letters of recommendation can come from previous employers, advisors, staff or an additional faculty member. Requests for letters of recommendation are made directly through the application link. Please begin your application and use the links provided to solicit letters from recommenders.
Previous Dickey Center Initiatives in Kosovo
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 5:00pm