Build an International Internship
The Dickey Center provides opportunities for students to broaden their international perspectives and their understanding of different cultures by undertaking leave-term projects abroad. Gain new international perspectives by living and working abroad as a Dickey International Intern.
The ideal Dickey International Internship enriches an aspect of your on-campus academic work. An international internship should also develop your ability to communicate comfortably with individuals from other cultures and to understand the processes for addressing international issues that confront nations. Students ideally should be familiar with the language of the country in which they want to intern.
Applicants must be enrolled Dartmouth College undergraduates returning to campus for at least one term after completing the internship. Returning interns agree to participate in workshops or informational sessions related to internships. Following completion of the internship, students are required to submit a selection of photos from the experience and a 3-5 page report describing not only the kind of work done, but also something about the organizational host, the people with whom the intern worked, and how the experience was meaningful.
For more information, download Frequently Asked Questions.
- Fall 2016: Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- Winter 2017: Wednesday, October 12, 2016
- Spring 2017: Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- Summer 2017: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
To apply for funding, complete the ONLINE APPLICATION by the deadline. An application is considered INCOMPLETE if it does not include ALL items listed below.
**Please note we are using a new application collection software. Log-in by using your Dartmouth credentials/net id through the link provided above. Please do not create a new sign in. If you have any issues or questions please contact Dickey.Student.Funding@dartmouth.edu or call 603-646-2023. We advise that you submit early and do not wait until the deadline. The application will close at 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.**
Items to submit with your online application:
You are required to submit a budget, resume/CV, and transcript with your application at the time of submission. These are uploaded directly into the application.
- Travel, visa, housing, food, supplies, and miscellaneous expenses related to the internship.
- Maximum funding available for interns is $4000. If expenses are higher, please specify where additional funds will support the gap. If the internship costs less than $4000, simply show the amount necessary for funding.
Resume or CV
- Please submit a current resume or CV.
- Request an electronic unofficial transcript from the registrar (pdf format) to upload with your application.
- Applicants must ask their host organizations to complete the Supervisor Statement, which verifies your offer of internship and includes a description of the work to be completed.
*Please note this process has been updated for spring 2016 application cycles onward. Requests for recommendations are made directly through the application link. Please begin your application and use the links provided to invite recommenders to complete an online form.
- One recommendation must come from a Dartmouth faculty member.
- A second recommendation is suggested, but not required. Secondary recommendations can come from previous employers, advisors, staff, or an additional faculty member.
If you have questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 4:00pm