Faculty Travel & Research
An internationally engaged faculty is vital to the Dickey Center mission of promoting international understanding at Dartmouth. The Dickey Center invites faculty to submit grants for support of up to $3500 for international research and up to $600 for international conference travel. Only one grant per faculty member is allowed each year.
A list of grants made in the past three year showcases the breadth of internationally-engaged scholarship at Dartmouth supported by the Dickey Center
International Research Travel
International research travel grants of up to $3500 allow travel abroad to access scholarly resources and/or engage with international research partners. Review criteria will include:
- the quality of the proposal
- alignment of scholarship with one or more of the Dickey Center's five “pillars”: security, global health, the environment/Arctic, human development, and/or gender
- alignment of scholarship with the Dickey Center’s emphasis on globally-engaged, policy-relevant research
- the likelihood that research will lead to a policy-relevant publication and/or public outreach
- evidence of additional support from home department, Dean of Faculty, or other resources in addition to the request from the Dickey Center
International Conference Travel
Grants of up to $600 are made to faculty traveling internationally to present scholarship at international conferences. Preference will be given to requests for travel by faculty presenting scholarship that is aligned with one or more of the Dickey Center's five “pillar” areas of scholarship: security, global health, the environment/Arctic, human development, and gender.
Grant recipients will be asked to submit a brief report of up to 500 words and at least one photo relevant to grant activities to be used in Dickey Center outreach and communications.
Funding applications must be received at least one term prior to intended activity. For 2016-17, due dates are:
- February 15, 2017 - for Spring Term 2017 Activity
- May 15, 2017 - for Summer Term 2017 Activity
- August 11, 2017 - for Fall Term 2017 Activity
- October 20, 2017 - for Winter Term 2018 Activity
To apply, please fill out this webform.
Questions concerning funding support from the Dickey Center should be directed to Melody Brown Burkins, PhD, Associate Director for Programs & Research (6-2053).
*Additional Funding: Global Dartmouth Funding for International Research
In 2016, the Office of the Provost launched two new international research grant programs as part of Global Dartmouth to support global scholarship and collaborations by Dartmouth faculty.
- Faculty International Research Travel Grant program (up to $5000)
- Global Exploratory/Development Grant program (up to $15,000)
Please visit the links above to learn more about application guidelines and due dates for these Global Dartmouth funding opportunities.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 5:00pm