REMOTE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
1) Communications Intern
This position will report to the Center's Partnership's Manager and will work closely with the Communications Officer to implement the Center's Communications Strategy in the following areas in the East Africa region as well as YALI Africa.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the Partnership Team by providing support in creation of communication material for social media and other external communications matters, and as the in-house expert on branding, marketing and positioning of the Centers communications materials.
- Support in design and implementing interventions to strengthen targeted media stakeholders across the East and Central African region, in liaison with the Communications Officer
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to develop the impact/success stories that capture the project's achievements across the various functions.
- Assist with editing of the quarterly and annual reports and Provide internal editorial support to ensure that the Center's documents and/or reports are of high quality and comply with the RLC's branding requirements
- Support the Center's knowledge management processes and promote knowledge sharing through the operational processes and systems by among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and information systems and improving integration among the Center's functions, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across the Center and its partners
- Provide support for the establishment and nurturing of forums where information on the Center's programming is shared;
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team, staff and partners on effective methods for presenting or communicating the Center's data and results
2) Partnerships and Fundraising Intern
This position will report to the Center's Partnership's Manager to implement the Center's Partnerships and Fundraising Strategy in the following areas:
- Networks – attend donor/philanthropy events and participate in youth development forums to access networks to assist in gaining program visibility and accessing new avenues for resource mobilization
- Donor Development - Creating and maintaining a database of potential, current and past donors and customise engagement activities with the participation of the current partnership builders/managers
- Monitoring and tracking - monitor and track partnership activities across all four RLCs with lessons learnt applied to all RLCs.
- Working Group- Participate in the Partnerships and Communications working group bi-weekly discussions and support in development of partnership discussions with US organizations as well as other International Universities
- Story telling- Work closely with the Communications team to develop the impact/success stories that capture the project's achievements across the various functions.
INTERNSHIP SPECIFICS (FOR BOTH)
Duration: 8-10 weeks. 30-40 hours a week during Summer term. (number of hours per week as well as start and end dates can be flexible based on candidate)
May 12th, 2021
The standard grant for a remote internship is $1500, meant to help defray expenses while student is engaged in internship opportunity.
To be eligible for funding you must have an "L term" status with the college.
To apply for funding if you are a new applicant, complete the ONLINE APPLICATION by May 12 at 4pm. Candidates may indicate preference for up to three potential internship sites during a single application cycle and are required to answer a short supplemental question for each site. An application is considered INCOMPLETE if it does not include ALL items listed below.
- TO NOTE: If you want to return to an existing application, please use this link to access.
**Please note: Log-in by using your Dartmouth credentials/net id through the link provided above. Please do not create a new sign in. If you have any issues or questions please contact Dickey.Student.Funding@dartmouth.edu. We advise that you submit early and do not wait until the deadline. The application will close at 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.**
Items to Submit with Your Online Application
You are required to submit a resume/CV with your application at the time of submission. These are uploaded directly into the application.
Resume or CV
Questions? We're here to help!
Contact Casey Aldrich or Peter Jenkison for virtual advising, or direct your questions to: email@example.com