Details About Arctic Innovation Scholars
Students who are considered may be from across disciplines, and will be selected for their potential to develop leadership skills.
Each Arctic Innovation Scholar may also be eligible for IAS support to pursue a senior thesis with their home department on a relevant topic.
All participants will receive a certificate of co-curricular program completion at the end of the cohort year.
At least two Scholars will be eligible for selection as Arctic Innovation Peer Mentors for the next years' cohort.
HOW TO APPLY
The Arctic Innovation Scholars invites applications from prospective Fellows every Spring term. The application process opens each year opens on April 15; the deadline for application is May 15. Ordinarily, scholars must be enrolled at Dartmouth during two of the three terms of participation. For this program, however, applications from students who are participating in an additional off-campus program or who are away from campus for an off-term will be considered. Scholars are initially appointed for a single year, but are eligible to participate additional years.
Please find the online application here.
DEADLINES AND RULES
Students are required to submit a complete online application, an unofficial transcript, and a resume.
- The application period is open from April 15 to May 30.
- Applications are due on May 30.
- Dartmouth sophomore, junior, and senior undergraduates are eligible to apply.
- Students selected as Arctic Innovation Scholars are highly encouraged to participate in monthly meetings.
- Students are also encouraged to attend 8 of the 10-15 events across the three terms (fall, winter, spring) during the academic year.
- You may request an electronic unofficial transcript from the registrar (pdf format) to upload with your application.
The application period will reopen August 23rd through September 8th, 2023.
Expressions of interest and questions may be directed to Arctic Program Manager, Sanaa Siddiqi.