To apply for funding if you are a new applicant, complete the Build an International Internship ONLINE APPLICATION by the application deadline. Candidates may indicate preference for up to three potential internship sites during a single application cycle and are required to answer a short supplemental question for each site. An application is considered INCOMPLETE if it does not include ALL items listed below.
**Please note: Log-in by using your Dartmouth credentials/net id through the link provided above. Please do not create a new sign in. If you have any issues or questions please contact Dickey.Student.Funding@dartmouth.edu. We advise that you submit early and do not wait until the deadline. The application will close at 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.**
Items to Submit with Your Online Application:
You are required to submit a resume/CV and unofficial transcript with your application at the time of submission. These are uploaded directly into the application.
- Standard funding available for travel based internships is $4500 and for remote internships, $1500. If expenses are higher than the standard amounts, please specify where additional funds will support.
Resume or CV
- Please submit a current resume or CV.
- Applicants must ask their host organizations to complete the Supervisor Statement, which verifies your offer of internship and includes a description of the work to be completed. *not required if applying to partnered opporutnities
Requests for recommendations are made directly through the application link. Please begin your application and use the links provided to invite recommenders to complete an online form
- One recommendation must come from a Dartmouth faculty member
- A second recommendation is suggested, but not required. Secondary recommendations can come from previous employers, advisors, staff, or an additional faculty member.
In addition, if you plan to travel to a country not included on Dartmouth's "Green" List of Countries, you will also need to apply for and be granted a Travel Exception. For more information on Dartmouth's Travel Safey Policy, Travel Registry and Exception process, please visit the Global Dartmouth website HERE.
Questions? We're here to help! Contact Casey Aldrich or Peter Jenkison for virtual advising, or direct your questions to: email@example.com